for peer reviewers
RHM’s submission and peer review system has moved online: http://ees.elsevier.com/rhm/. All requests for peer reviews, and the process of submitting reviews, will come through the Elsevier editorial system.
- You have kindly agreed to review a paper submitted to RHM for publication. Please read and follow the peer review guidelines. Please note that these guidelines were updated on 1 May 2013.
- Please write your review in as much depth as you yourself would find helpful if it was your own paper. Be as constructive as possible, and if you think RHM should aim to accept the paper, give as much guidance as you can on how it must be improved.
- RHM operates a system of open peer review, in which authors and readers know each others' names. Most reviewers and authors find this policy a positive experience; some even contact each other to share information. However, there are legitimate reasons why a review might better be done anonymously; if so, we will honour your request. Unless you tell us otherwise, however, we will assume the review is open.
- You should treat the contents of the paper as confidential. You must not copy it or show it to anyone else, quote from it or use the information in your own work.
- Please use the guidelines and return your review within 2 weeks of receiving the paper unless otherwise agreed.
- As of 2013, Reproductive Health Matters has decided to consider video submissions. These must be accompanied by an explanatory narrative. If you have been asked to review a video submission, please read and follow the video peer review guidelines.